WELCOME TO THE HOME OF TEAM HAMPSHIRE
As a member county of the ESMBA the hampshire CSMBA advises all of its clubs to follow this advice.
ESMBA Covid-19 Route map V1 (July 2020)
Please note: This is the Management Committees proposal and is awaiting Government comments The following is the planned phasing of the Sport of Short Mat Bowls within England.
The dates below are only provisional and will be continually reviewed. The ESMBA will work strictly within Government Guidelines.
It is worth remembering that over 80% of our membership is over 65, of which many if not all have been shielding for 12 weeks or more.
It is our National duty not just to protect our membership but also the local communities they come from. The ESMBA is committed to resuming the sport but only when it is deemed to be safe to do so. Members will have the right to decide if they wish to resume or not and should not feel pressured by any other club members to participate if they do not feel safe to do so. Members that do feel pressured should raise their concerns with the County Safeguarding officer who will investigate and take necessary action. Please remember the following dates will be fluid and are a guideline only.
1. All International matches will be cancelled until March 2021 (re arranged World Championships)
2. The diary will be clear of England days and games (to enable Counties to use these later in the year when safe to do so).
3. The ESMBA National Championships 2019/20 will be postponed until April 2021. There will be no qualifiers for the Main Nationals this season.
4. September 2020 - Clubs will be able to open for social roll ups, maximum four per mat providing they have meet the criteria laid down by the ESMBA, and approved to do so.
5. October 2020 - Clubs will be able to increase their participation from four to six per mat, if they can comply with the then social distance guidance.
6. November 2020 - Inter club activities will be permitted. (guidelines will be issued nearer the time).
7. December 2020 - County Open competitions will be permitted (guidelines will be issued nearer the time).
8. January 2021 - The ESMBA will look to run knock out and open Competition based at Club level.
9. January/February 2021 - Counties will be able to run National O55's and Mixed Fours qualifiers.
10. The ESMBA membership will remain due for the Association. There will be a reduced playing diary at National level but the Administration of the Association will remain the same. Both the ESMBA and County Associations will be there for the support of their members. The Personal Accident insurance will still cover personal Accidents whilst playing and in official capacity of Short Mat Bowls.
11. The ESMBA is to allocate a large proportion of the coming seasons membership fee to a Covid-19 fund and invite applicants to apply for funding to ensure their clubs are compliant and remain active. (Details to follow). At all times the ESMBA will work within the Governments guidelines, be it at national or local level.
ESMBA Statement 20th July 2020
Following a meeting of the Management Committee this weekend, a ‘Route Map’ to bowling again and the basis of our guidance notes was agreed. These documents are being updated and prepared for sending to Sport England for approval as per Government guidelines.
It is hoped that these will be sent over in the next week. Until such time as these documents are approved, and the Government give us the consent to start bowling again, the recommendation to clubs and associations is to remain closed for the safety of its members.
The ESMBA does not support clubs resuming at this time.
Once these documents are approved they will be uploaded to the ESMBA Web site with full instructions of how to progress with getting your club Covid-19 safe and approved for opening again.
Barry Hedges ESMBA Chairman
on behalf of the ESMBA Management Committee
The best way of keeping in touch with sport-return updates is to go to the HSE Website. However, we also undertake to keep our member clubs – along with any clubs who wish to become member clubs ! – updated via this website or by specific email mailings to designated short mat bowls club secretaries as appropriate.
the HCSMBA committee.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADDRESS ANY QUERIES / OBSERVATIONS / DISCUSSION POINTS TO EITHER THE SECRETARY OF THE ASSOCIATION GLO FOWLER (FOWLERGLORIA@AOL.COM; CHAIRMAN OF THE ASSOCIATION MARTYN DUBB (MARTYNDUBB@NTLWORLD.COM); OR MEMBERSHIP & WEBSITE SECRETARY BARBARA SPARLING (SPARLING1952@MSN.COM).
National Qualifiers (2019/20)
Matt Smith and Tom Clough
Ian and Wendy Ford
Mike Wright and Steve Puttock
Paul England and Ben Pay
C Goodman, P Goodman and J McLean
P England, A McCrea and B Pay
W Ford, I Ford and M Dubb
R Young, M Smith and T Clough
B Cherry, P Goodman, C Goodman and J McLean
S Buckett, J Bucknall, A McCrea and B Pay
A Bucknall, J Bucknall, G Fowler and T Wall
W Ford, A Dubb, I Ford and M Dubb
Jan. Bunker, Nadine. Bailey, Paul. England, Tom Clough
Alex & Trevor Tymon, Chris & Shane Davison
Sam Sutton Steve Puttock, Venessa & Mike Wright
June & Roger Messenger, Richard Edwards, Pauline McCormack.
Mike Wright & Steve Puttock
Brian Brown & Colin Dickinson
Ian & Wendy Ford
Maud Clarke & Tony Wall.
ALLOCATIONS FOR NATIONALS:
Great news everyone, we have FOUR allocated places in EACH of the disciplines except for the Under 18's, where we only have one.
GET IN TOUCH
023 8055 4817
07803 816 875
firstname.lastname@example.org This email is not routinely monitored.. if you have not had a response within 7 days of writing please contact : email@example.com
Riverside Indoor Bowling Club
Club Tel: 01962 850614